Glampers probably don’t expect butler service and a platter of caviar when they make the decision to go glamping. But they do seek a safe, comfortable and somewhat luxurious experience. So how do you ensure your glamping domes tick all those boxes?
You’re about to discover the essential add-ons for glamping pods to buy that will make your glamping domes fit for purpose – and give them the wow factor too. But first, let’s talk about domes themselves, in case you’re about to start a glamping business and need to invest in pods as well.
Hypedome Glamping Pods Styles
We offer three styles of glamping pods for sale – Clear, Opal + Clear, and Mirror + Clear (each style is available in two sizes). Here’s what makes them unique:
- Clear glamping dome: the best choice for flexibility. The panels are 100% crystal clear, so you can offer guests a 360-degree view of their surroundings – perfect for spotting wildlife as the sun rises. The flexibility comes in because you can also add a set of Hype.Wall panels for cosiness and privacy. They cover 70% of the dome’s surface, and you can arrange them in a variety of configurations to create porthole viewpoints.
- Opal + Clear: more than half of the dome’s surface is covered in translucent, satin-like panels, allowing about 70% of natural light to pass through. They make the interior as bright as possible while ensuring a high level of privacy. A panoramic front window allows for awesome views.
- Mirror + Clear: this dome blends into its surroundings like a perfectly camouflaged chameleon. The mirrored panels are on the outside only. They’re light grey on the inside – not see-through – offering plenty of privacy. (Hype.Wall panels work best with these.) Importantly, those beautiful mirrored panels serve a function – they reflect the sun’s rays to keep the interior from getting excessively hot in summer. This dome also has a large transparent window that can be covered with privacy curtains.
Once you’ve decided on your glamping dome type, you can start thinking about the add-ons that’ll make them safe, cosy and enticing.
The Most Essential Add-ons for Glamping Pods to Buy
Let’s start with the must-have add-ons you can’t do without if you’re using Hypedomes for your glamping site.
An Anchoring Kit
Don’t risk your domes becoming unstable on a windy day. For guest safety, and to protect your investment, you’ll need to anchor each glamping pod to the ground.
How you do this depends on the surface under your domes:
- Deck screws are best for – you guessed it, pods built on decking.
- Ground pins work well for domes placed on grass or soil.
- Heavy-duty achoring (a set of stainless steel feet) is ideal if your glamping site is exposed to the elements, e.g. on high ground, along a coastline, etc.
A Solid Floor
Glamping guests will want to enjoy your domes with their shoes removed, so do fit a completely sealed floor, preferably one that’s insulated to keep those tootsies warm. Hypedome’s Insulated Modular Base provides a solid, sealed floor, helping the dome to retain heat (and keep bugs at bay).
One of the best things about glamping domes is that they protect guests from the elements. But sometimes, a little fresh air entering inside will be most welcome, especially when it’s swelteringly hot outside. Consider a window panel to improve airflow inside your dome’s interior – it’ll reduce condensation too. (You can add up to four window panels in a single Hypedome if you want to ventilate to the max).
As mentioned earlier, a clear glamping dome allows guests to admire the surrounding scenery. It’s perfect for secluded hideouts that are surrounded by nature. But if you’re placing multiple clear domes close to each other, you might want to add some privacy options.
Wow-Factor Add-ons for Glamping Pods to Buy
Now for the add-ons that can transform a glamper’s visit from being ‘good’ to ‘extra special’.
Lighting is a big mood enhancer. Getting the lighting right inside your glamping domes will help guests relax and enjoy their luxurious surroundings.
Hypedome’s Ambient LED Strip affixes to the base of your domes around their perimeter and gives off a beautiful, diffused glow. There’s no other word to describe the effect except, “Wow!” Guests can easily control the light intensity or colours with a remote control or mobile app.
Another great option to achieve ambient lighting is to add a rechargeable table lamp or two on bedside tables inside your domes.
Useful Add-ons for Glamping Pods to Buy
Finally, here are some add-ons that are super helpful for glampers or will increase their overall enjoyment.
Glampers don’t always pack light, and their gear can sometimes take up quite a bit of floor space… unless you include a nifty storage solution like Hype.Wall Pockets. These keep all sorts of items, e.g., clothes, board games and magazines, up high and out of the way.
A soft carpet underfoot is the perfect finishing touch for comfort and cosiness. You can get a Round Carpet that’s tailormade for a Hypedome glamping pod – it even comes with a set of two doormats. (And it’s designed to fit our Insulated Modular Base.)
Let your guests hook up their smartphones to a Bluetooth speaker so they can play their favourite tunes. There are plenty of compact, portable types to choose from that are cordless and rechargeable. Here are some examples tested and recommended by our team:
- Marshall Emberton
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth
- Logitech Ultimate Ears WonderBoom
Cosy throws and soft, plush pillows are the epitomai of bliss. You could also consider electric heated blankets if you’re running electricity to each glamping pod.
Resources and Equipment
Give your guests something to do while inside your dome – provide a stack of page-turners, board games and local area guides. If your site is located in a dark sky area, why not invest in a basic, affordable telescope (like Celestron PowerSeeker 50AZ) so guests can do a spot of stargazing?
Ready, Set, Glamp
So, there you have it – these are the most essential, useful and wow-factor add-ons to consider for your glamping domes. To make things nice and easy, we offer two glamping bundles on our website, the Hypedome S glamping kit and the Hypedome M glamping kit. You can mix and match which options you’d like for each size dome.
With your add-ons sorted, you can breathe easy knowing you’ve made your glamping domes safe and comfortable for your guests. All while allowing them to explore the great outdoors and get a peaceful night’s sleep, protected from the elements – and bugs!