There’s a new and exciting TV show in town… (In Belgium, to be precise.) Dans la Bulle de is a celebrity interview series with a twist. And we’re thrilled to announce that one of our Hypedomes features upfront and centre stage as the enclosed ‘futuristic bubble’ where the interviews take place.
What’s 'Dans la Bulle de' About?
Dans la Bulle de literally translates to ‘In the Bubble of’. It’s a new interview programme currently airing through RTBF on national Belgian television. The concept is an immersive experience – a ‘bubble experiment’ – where local celebrity guests enter a futuristic-looking illuminated dome. They settle into a comfortable, high-tech chair and open up their senses to scent, taste, sound, vision and touch. All while being asked to recall their memories and past experiences.
What Do the Interviewees Experience?
Guests are locked inside the dome on their own for about an hour and presented with sensory experiences designed to evoke different emotions:
- Scent – the bubble is filled with a characteristic smell.
- Taste – guests get to nibble on a treat related to a memory or past event.
- Touch – with their eyes closed, guests feel a recognisable item.
- Vision – guest watch short videos created by family and friends on a screen, and the lighting in the bubble dims, brightens and changes colour to stimulate the mood.
- Sound – memorable music is played.
This intriguing Belgian TV show is hosted by TV presenter, Joëlle Scoriels, and episodes so far have featured the comedian Virginie Hocq and famous actor Charlie Dupont.
What’s the bubble used in the 'Dans La Bulle De' TV Show?
The bubble used in Dans la Bulle De is the Hypedome M Opal. 60% of this particular dome’s surface features translucent hexagonal panels in a satin-like finish, with the remaining 40% of the panels being crystal-clear. When fitted with the show’s plexi, illuminated floor lighting kit, the dome glows beautifully in mesmerising colours to interact with the senses.
It’s ideal for the futuristic bubble experience as it has an ‘intergalactic’ aesthetic – it looks like something out of the movie Space Odyssey! It wows the programme’s guests from the beginning and has plenty of space inside. Take a look at this teaser video below to see how our Opal dome creates a ‘space-agey’ environment for this unique show.
Did you know this isn’t Hypedome’s first rodeo for appearing in televised media? One of our Hypedomes was also used as a garden pod in the British comedy panel show, Taskmaster, which aired on Channel 4. We can’t wait to see how other innovative TV projects use our dome products.
Hypedome Sets the Scene in 'Dans la Bulle de'
Dans la Bulle de, with its unusual sensory interview concept and futuristic enclosed bubble environment, is unlike any other interview-type series we’ve seen before.
So often in interviews, celebs are prepared – they have an idea of what questions will be asked and have rehearsed some PR-approved answers ready to rattle off. But this show? It catches celebrity guests off guard, bringing buried memories to the surface through evoked emotions. Who knows how guests might react to a personal question? Get the popcorn at the ready!